Delhi, 01st February 2024: Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has displayed its exciting range of advanced green technology product line-up, and its localization initiatives at the Bharat Mobility Global Expo 2024. The display at the pavilion is centred around the theme ‘Grow India – Grow with India’, underscoring the company’s commitment to key national priorities of , ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’, ‘Energy Security’, and ‘Carbon Neutrality’ through ‘Multiple Pathway Approach’ for a brighter and sustainable future.
In its glorious 25 years of operations in India, Toyota has established itself as the bedrock of sustainability and innovation in manufacturing meeting the mobility needs of over 2.3 million consumers, thereby showing a strong commitment to the Indian market. On display at Toyota Kirloskar Motor’s pavilion are the full range of electrified vehicle technologies including Battery Electric Vehicle, Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle, Fuel Cell Vehicle Flex Fuel vehicle – Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle, all having common powertrain parts besides CNG, Emergency Response Vehicles. Following are the exciting exhibits.
- Innova HyCross – Strong Hybrid Electric cut body showcasing common electric powertrain parts and the efforts made by TKM to make these in India. This embodies Toyota’s commitment to cutting-edge, eco-friendly mobility solutions.
- The Mirai – Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle which runs on Hydrogen demonstrates Toyota’s commitment to the environment, utilizing hydrogen as an energy source, and setting the standard for next-generation, eco-conscious vehicles, promising a cleaner and greener world for future generations.
- HyCross Electrified Flex Fuel Vehicle is the world’s first Prototype of BS 6 (Stage II) Electrified Flex Fuel Vehicle. This technology brings together the best of higher fuel efficiency of electrified powertrain and the higher substitution of gasoline by ethanol through the flex fuel engine thereby delivering the lowest carbon emission on a well to wheel basis for any technology. It promises the potential of delivering a rapid, smooth energy transition away from fossil fuel consumption and boost the rural economy through ingenious green fuel.
- Hyryder CNG is for those seeking eco-friendly and economical options demonstrating a varied range of sustainable mobility solutions catering to diverse customer needs providing an opportunity for customers to own a Toyota.
- Hilux – Emergency Response Vehicles are specially modified to signify TKM’s commitment to providing disaster management solution (fire fighting, rescue, and medical aid) at the time of natural disaster thereby supporting the evolving mobility needs across markets and verticals.
- TNGA Engine and E-drive display the strong efforts made by Toyota’s group companies to localize critical parts showcasing the capability of Indian manufacturing to produce quality parts and build a global competitive eco-system.
Mr. Masakazu Yoshimura, MD and CEO, Toyota Kirloskar Motor and Regional CEO, Toyota Motor Corporation said, “We are delighted to participate in the Bharat Global Mobility Global Expo 2024, as it provides an excellent opportunity to showcase our cutting-edge green vehicles technologies, reinforces our commitment for the Indian market and demonstrating our alignment with critical national priorities such as ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’, ‘Energy security’ and ‘Carbon Neutrality.
Over the last 25 years, Toyota has been continuously working to develop a world-class local ecosystem that promotes green mobility solutions and growing our business in line with making India a global hub for manufacturing. Furthermore, Toyota has been spearheading the skilling efforts for students from economically challenged backgrounds, enabling the creation of world-class skilled manpower thus making a difference to the communities around us and contributing to ‘Skill India’. As of now, Toyota Technical Training Institute has trained over 1,000 students from Karnataka and through Toyota Technical Education Program over 12,000 students have been trained from 64 Institutes across 26 states of India. Going forward through rapid advancement in green technological offerings we are paving the way for making ‘Ever Better Cars’ bringing ‘Mass Happiness to All’ and ‘Leaving No One Behind’ and significantly contributing to the growth of society and the nation.”
Mr. Tadashi Asazuma, Deputy Managing Director – Sales-Service-Used Car, Toyota Kirloskar Motor & Lexus said, “At Toyota Kirloskar Motor, our participation in the Bharat Mobility Global Expo 2024 goes beyond showcasing vehicles; it’s a testament to our commitment to a sustainable and customer-centric future for India. Under the theme ‘Grow India – Grow with India,’ our display highlights the company’s 25-year legacy of meeting the diverse mobility needs of the country and our strong dedication to Localisation, Energy Security, and Carbon Neutrality of India for a sustainable future.
Our wide range of exhibits at the pavilion reflects our unwavering commitment to provide eco-friendly solutions that resonate with our customers and building lasting relationships. ”
India, a rapidly growing economy, faces a pressing issue of escalating fossil fuel consumption, thereforeurgently transitioning away from fossil fuels is crucial for this, utilizing indigenous energy sources is crucial such as renewable energy, bio energy and hydrogen generated from renewable energy and indigenous ethanol are going to be critical. Committed to India’s national goals and being a frontrunner in electrified vehicle technology, Toyota is actively pursuing technologies aligned with the country’s energy landscape and its ‘Multiple Pathway Approach’ has significantly reduced fossil fuel consumption and achieving low carbon emissions on a holistic Well-to-Wheel (W2W) basis in its journey to achieve carbon neutrality.
We welcome you all to join us at the Toyota stall to explore our complete product line with advanced green technologies, crafted to meet the diverse mobility needs of the Indian market while embracing a greener tomorrow.