Capital Small Finance Bank Limited, India’s first small finance bank to commence operation in 2016 announced its unaudited Q1-FY 2023 result.
Quarterly Result Performance: Q1 FY 23 Vs Q1-FY 22
– Advance book increased by 28.36% to Rs. 4,725 crores as on June 30, 2022 compared to Rs. 3,681 crores as on June 30, 2021.
– Net Profit increased by 50.08% to Rs. 18.28 crore in Q1-FY22 compared to Rs. 12.18 crore in Q1-FY22
– Return on Equity increased to 13.88% for Q1-FY23 compare to 10.65% for Q1-FY22.
– Earnings per share (non-annualized) increased to Rs. 5.35 in Q1-FY23 compare to Rs. 3.59 in Q1-FY22.
– For Q1-FY 23- CRAR 19.51% and CASA 43.14% and Net Worth – ₹536crores
During this period, advance book has grown by 28.36% (Y-o-Y) to ₹4,725 crores and CASA has grown by ~20% to ₹2,658 crores. The Bank has improved the profitability matrix, thereby PAT has grown by 50% to ₹18.28 crores during Q1-FY23 against ₹12.18 crores during Q1-FY22 and ROE has improved to 13.88%. The bank has also been certified as Great Place to Work® for the 7th consecutive year.
The Company has an experience of over two decades in the banking industry having operated as the largest local area bank prior to its conversion into a small finance bank. It is one out of the two non-NBFC microfinance entity to receive the SFB license in 2015. Its core strategy is to build a robust retail focused banking franchise by enabling access to affordable credit in the states Bank operates, with special emphasis on rural and semi-urban areas. The Bank focus primarily on the middle-income customer segments i.e., customers with an average annual income of Rs. 0.4 million to Rs. 5 million. (Source: CRISIL Research Report).